[Swift-devel] pilot job paper

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 17 16:14:28 CDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 16:10 -0500, Ketan Maheshwari wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Mihael Hategan <hategan at mcs.anl.gov>
> wrote:
>         On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 11:59 -0700, Mihael Hategan wrote:
>         > >
>         > > Theres a special issue of J. Grid Computing call for
>         data-intensive
>         > > Cloud papers due Aug 16 that might be good for this
>         (perhaps stressing
>         > > the provide-staging aspects)?
>         >
>         > Sounds good. I'll start getting some of the necessary
>         numbers.
>

>         Which reminds me: who wants to help with said numbers?
>
>         For example, there is an easy one: the dependence between job
>         wall time
>         and queuing time on various clusters.
>
> I can try this along with the cybershake work I am doing these days.

I'm not sure where cybershake fits in. The problem would be to submit
dummy jobs of various walltimes to various clusters and record the
amount of time they sit in the queue.

Though an alternative may be to go through swift logs and extract that
data. It may not give us relevant data points, but it may be worth a
try.

> I read the text of the paper (in March) and have some comments, will
> send'em soon.

Thanks.