[Swift-devel] readData2

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 6 12:30:26 CDT 2011

I think that the first priority is to have one format able to support
all swift structures. And that is what readData2 did. But I like the
idea of being able to supply a format as you mention below.

So it's probably a smart thing to not rename anything at this point but
introduce the read(format=) scheme below and slowly deprecate readData
and readData2.