[Swift-devel] the wrapper map

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 2 21:14:15 CDT 2011

So you are going to hate me, but I got rid of the wrapper map which was
a way of wrapping swift data in karajan futures. The sad part about it
is that it required a global lock to be held for each access to some
future, which meant both slowdowns and the potential for deadlocks that
were getting annoying to fix.

It's now gone and each piece of swift data has its own future if it's
needed. That bad part of that is the large number of source files that
needed to be changed. The good part about it is that some of them became
simpler.

So if you're working on trunk code, I'd suggest doing an update sooner
rather than later.

Mihael