[Swift-devel] Re: Swift hang

Jonathan Monette jon.monette at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 17:17:04 CST 2011

I have tried several configurations using coasters(using different
number of blocks, workers per node, etc.) and tried following coasters
code in cog to see if this is where Swift hung.  Still haven't found out
if coasters is the culprit for the hang.  This has proved to be hard
since the work flows that hang regularly are very large and take awhile
to get to the point where they hang.

Can anyone help with send me a sample configuration of what using
straight pbs would look like?  Something that doesn't use coasters just
uses pbs.  I believe this will help me narrow down if coasters is the
culprit or is the problem really in Swift.

Mihael, were you ever able to take a look at the log files for my runs
to see if you saw anything?  I know cleaning up for the next release has
been more of the priority just wondering if you ever got a chance.

On the plus side, I have also been developing a script that runs Swift
that allows me to choose certain configurations so I don't have to be
constantly changing files.  This I believe will be useful in the overall
final product(what ever that may be).