[Swift-devel] Re: waitpid mini-benchmark

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 11 17:01:08 CST 2011

Agreed. That was the purpose of measuring it. Probably should make some easy way to pass command line options to the worker.

I think we felt all along that the current logic was OK for workersPerNode <16 or so.

The concern was only related to running workersPerNode much higher, like O(100s), which would only be done for experiments (what we've been calling "over-clocking the nodes" with sleep jobs).  Ie, to use one rack of the BG/P to simulate the client load of 40 racks.

So I agree - this task is off the list.

- Mike