[Swift-devel] Re: Swift on Eureka

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 7 14:03:30 CST 2011

Hi Rob and Sheri,

I don't know the status of Swift on Eureka, but Im eager to see it running there, so we'll make sure it works.

A long while back I tried Swift there, and at the time we had a minor bug in the Cobalt provider. Justin may have fixed that recently on the BG/P's. So Im hoping it either works or has only some readily-fixable issues in the way.

We'll try it and get back to you.

In the mean time, Sheri, you might want to try a simple hello-world test on Eureka, and see if you can progress to replicating what John Dennis had done so far.

Its best to send any errors you get to the swift-user list (which you should join) so that everyone on the Swift team is aware f any issues you encounter and can offer help.

You should meet with Justin at Argonne (3rd floor, 240) who can serve as your Swift mentor.

Sarah, David - lets add Eureka to the test matrix for release 0.92. Cobalt is very very close to PBS's interface, but there is a separate Swift execution provider that handles the differences.

Regards,

Mike