[Swift-devel] Test suite group status and display

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 7 19:19:28 CST 2011

Ok, so there are two user groups- users browsing the Swift web page
looking for what Swift does and developers using nightly.sh .  I stress
that nightly.sh is not used as a nightly script and should be renamed,
although its core could be wrapped up as such.

Recent work has focused on getting nightly.sh to be a useful script for
swift-devel types to 1) check that Swift works and 2) build up a test
suite for various providers.  Sarah and David have been doing quite a bit
of the latter recently.  HTML is produced as the output of these runs.

If some additional infrastructure was in there, it would be possible to
run this under cron, index the results wrt time, and post something to the
web, as the HTML is pretty nice.  However, we are currently focusing on
getting Swift to run on the target sites and indexing the results wrt test
sites (providers).

--
Justin M Wozniak