[Swift-devel] modftdock - all 3 stages

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:49:12 CST 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Emalayan Vairavanathan <
svemalayan at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Ketan,
>
> I have a quick question.
>
> We are trying to configure MosaStore for an application with multiple data
> flow patterns. Currently we cannot have some of these optimizations
> together in MosaStore. So we decided have two MosaStore instances with
> optimizations in our experiments.
>
> I am curious to know whether is it possible to run swift programs with the
> multiple Mosa installations ? ( may be is there a way to specify multiple
> working directories in swift ? / May be can I dynamically change the swift
> working directory ?)

cc'ing swift-devel, for more input. My answer below:

Having one working directory should not be an issue with what you want to
achieve, as long as that workdir is accessible to and from the mosastore
instaces you mentioned above. All you need to do is to change the mappings
in the Swift source to the places you want swift to access/write data. So,
for instance, for one part you can use one instance of mosastore while for
the other part you can use another mosastore instance.

--
Ketan