[Swift-devel] Blocker issue for 0.93: DSSAT script does not complete, 2nd coaster blocks dont start?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 23 14:46:01 CDT 2011

Well, I raised that issue, but Ketan claimed that the failure to start more jobs occurs without that message as well.

Do you believe that the Out of Mem error is the root cause?

Ketan, can you point to logs without the OOM error?

Can you re-run the catsn with more memory?

And more importantly: can you run a *very small* catsnsleep test where you carefully craft the sleep times and settings to cause one (very short duration) coaster block to time out and verify that a new block is submitted and in new job and that the script runs to completion?

I suggested in the ticket that David do this; can you both discuss and see who is better positioned to do this sooner, so we can decide if we have a blocker here, or just something that needs better configuration and perhaps a note in the user guide telling users what to watch out for in this regard? (I think for example we do not tell how and when to increase memory in the user guide, at the moment).  Nor are we clear enough on the issues around maxtime, maxwalltime, and the sizing of coaster blocks.