[Swift-devel] iterate behaviour round II

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 3 12:53:37 CDT 2011

Right. So lets keep iterate semantically unchanged for now, then deprecate it when we have an approach thats clearly better. For 0.93 lets focus on making it work as currently described.

Lets consider deprecating it in some not-too-distant release and if possible remove it much later with sufficient notice to the user community.

- Mike

(Also note that where iterate is first mentioned in the user guide it has no until() clause.)