[Swift-devel] Meeting 4PM to talk about release

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 3 12:33:41 CDT 2011

Lets meet at 4PM Central to discuss 0.93.  Dial in: (218) 862-6420 access code 815549

Justin is on vacation. Mihael, Alberto, David, Ketan, Jon - can you join?

Topics:

- testing 0.93 branch(es) vs trunk
   - 0.93 was cut Jul 5 - do we want to keep that, or get trunk in shape
     and make another branch?  Can we do "0.NNrcX" branches?
     How much has been committed to 0.93 so far?

- identifying blocker bugs for 0.93 - especially for Mihael to focus on

  -- resolution of the iterate statement for 0.93 - do bugs remain?
     did it change from 0.92.1?  Are any issues in this statement
     related to semantic definitions, or due to subtleties in synchronization?
     I have a test I'd like to hand over: works as expected in 0.92, fails in trunk.

  -- jobsPerNode not working in trunk (due to Justin's attr mods?) Ketan taking this.

  -- PBS trunk issues related to attributes? (similar to prior? getting cray attr by mistake)

  -- fix SGE provider for limited set of machines?  (Ranger, ibicluster, ?)

- coordination of site testing and approach for that

- docs and web cleanup; esp site config guide and gensites, and tutorial route

- set target date for 0.93 - is Aug 30 possible?