[Swift-devel] CCA-11 Swift Poster Visitor's Questions

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 14 06:04:00 CDT 2011

That looks good for a talk, Dan. The advantage there is that the speaker can point out the topics and describe the code.

The challenge on a poster is that no one reads a lot of fine print code. So taking code similar to whats on your talk slides, and "magnifying" the main statements to a much larger font, may accomplish the desired effect.

It would be good to continue to hone a set of talks, posters, and the online material so that we get the message across in a way that shows the strengths of Swift. Given enough space, we can show the inevitably messy details of programming real cases, while keeping the details in perspective.

All that said, I want to thank Ketan and Justin immensely for putting the whole CCA11 effort together - abstract, cloud runs, plots, poster, and talk - with very little help from me and in a very short timeframe along with many competing responsibilities.  That was very nice work!!!

- Mike