[CI Ticketing System #12698] Swift commit messages getting sent to moderator - was Re: [Swift-devel] svn commit email

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 8 13:45:11 CDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 13:38 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
> OK, Ti confirms here that this was indeed the change.  So now we need to set the list so that:
>
> - everyone's CI email addr can post

We can go with the flow there. Whenever there is a post that doesn't go
through, we can permanently add that address.

> - postings get set *to* swift-devel

I don't think we should clutter swift-devel with commit messages. Folks
should have the freedom to subscribe to these if the want to. I can
imagine Ian not wanting daily doses of swift code snippets.

> I *think* this now confirms and explains what I originally suspected:
> that the list had only a few subscribers, of which only 2 mattered:
> one for the SVN sending address, and one to forward to swift-devel.
> There may have been a few others.

Everybody who wanted to receive commit messages was subscribed (and
there we can see that Ian does want daily doses of swift code snippets).
Apart from that, there were the sender and swift-commit at globus.org in
order to comply with the globus.org rules.

> So either we add all the senders and mark them as "send no email to these", or we do it with masks of some sort.
>
> Can someone please grab this task, tell the list you got it, and make it work nicely again?

Yeah. Don't worry about it.

Mihael