[CI Ticketing System #12698]: Swift commit messages getting sent to moderator - was Re: [Swift-devel] svn commit email

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 6 13:24:57 CDT 2011

Swift Devels,

Here's the CI ticket # for this issue.  Im going on the assumption that something systems-wise changed between svn and the swift-commit list to cause the routing to moderator. Maybe its a simple as the list membership changing somehow.

Did anyone do anything last week that would have resulted in mass removal of list members?

CI Team: Im assuming that everyone that wants commit messages needs to be subscribed, correct?  Ie theres no other magic message routing involved here, right?

- Mike

---

Hi CI Support,

Commit emails for the vdl2 repository started getting flagged for approvals a few days ago. They had been working fine till then.

I looked at the swift-commit list settings at that time and saw almost no one subscribed, which I thought was strange. Then a few days later, seems like most of the group was subscribed. Im therefore not sure if I misread what I saw, or it changed somehow (manually or via some restore???) or if I looked at a different list.

Did anything change in either the swift-commit list settings or in the linkage from svn to the commit email, in the past week, that would explain problems?

Is there anything special in how the commit email list should be set up?

Thanks,

Mike