[Swift-devel] swift versions

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 7 14:28:23 CDT 2010

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Sarah Kenny wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Mihael Hategan <hategan at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> Right. I think 1.0/4.1.7 should go out soon.
>
> ok, so i guess we should decide what 'soon' means ;) i am currently going
> thru the old bugs in bugzilla (at least trying to close out things that have
> been already fixed or are no-longer applicable, etc), but perhaps it would
> be good to determine if there are bigger issues outside of that that still
> need to be dealt with before we can put what we've got into a stable release
> and determine a time-frame...anything come to mind?
>
> as far as documentation...does it make sense for each branch to have a full
> copy of /ci/www/projects/swift under it which can then be merged with the
> main/live copy whenever the code is merged? admittedly, i know nothing about
> docbook, but from the standpoint of updating and merging this seems to make
> sense to me (though feel free to suggest another way :)
>
> ~sk

I was looking at the update.sh script earlier today- I propose we have one
web site but multiple docs/guides directories, all accessible from the
docs/index.php page.  Each of these would be associated with a branch.
So, similar to the existing "Historical" section but for "future" branches
as well.  That would take a small modification to the update.sh script and
manual modification of the docs/index.php page for each version number.

We may also want to have the feature changes (past and future version
numbers) available on that page but I think those can be plain text.
These could be pulled directly from SVN as well.

--
Justin M Wozniak