[Swift-devel] Concurrent dostagein calls limited to 8 ?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 14 12:45:19 CST 2010

Im using Justin's new external CDM policy to talk to globusonline.org.

Ive got the two IO throttles set to 30:

throttle.transfers=30
throttle.file.operations=30

...but I still see exactly 8 concurrent dostagein calls (as seen by calls to my external IO handler external.sh)

Do you know what is limiting this concurrency to 8? I'd like to open it up much wider.

My swift command and relevant files are below.
Logs are in CI: /home/wilde/swift/demo/modis

Thanks,

Mike

login1$ cat rundemo.go.local.sh
rm -f external.*.log
swift -config cf -tc.file tc.local -sites.file sites.local.xml -cdm.file fs.ftponly modis.go.swift -nfiles=30
# -location= -n= -site==

login1$ cat cf
wrapperlog.always.transfer=true
sitedir.keep=true
execution.retries=0
lazy.errors=false
status.mode=provider
use.provider.staging=false
provider.staging.pin.swiftfiles=false
throttle.transfers=30
throttle.file.operations=30

login1$ cat sites.local.xml
<config>

  <pool handle="localhost">
    <execution provider="local" url="none"/>
    <profile namespace="karajan" key="jobThrottle">.63</profile>
    <profile namespace="karajan" key="initialScore">10000</profile>
    <filesystem provider="local"/>
    <workdirectory>/home/wilde/swiftwork</workdirectory>
  </pool>

</config>
login1$

login1$ cat fs.ftponly
rule .*gsiftp://.* EXTERNAL /home/wilde/swift/lab/go/external.sh
login1$