[Swift-devel] Hostnames vs BoundContacts in vdl-int.k

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 9 18:21:56 CST 2010

Im trying to extend Justin's initial cut of "external" CDM file types to connect to Globus Online.

The current code in trunk only handles input. Im trying to hook it into doStageOut as well.

Im making progress but stuck at the moment on passing hosts from vdl-int.k into the CDM external java functions.

Specifically I'm getting a string as a hostname argument to the cdm:external() element, where its expecting a "BoundContact". It pulls its args off the Karajan stack as follows:
---
    public void cdm_external(VariableStack stack)
    throws ExecutionException
    {
        String provider = (String) PA_PROVIDER.getValue(stack);
        String srchost  = (String) PA_SRCHOST.getValue(stack);
        String srcfile  = (String) PA_SRCFILE.getValue(stack);
        String srcdir   = (String) PA_SRCDIR.getValue(stack);
        BoundContact bc = (BoundContact) PA_DESTHOST.getValue(stack);
        String destdir  = (String) PA_DESTDIR.getValue(stack);
---

Is it the case that within vdl-int.k some host variables are simple strings (site names) whereas others are structured objects representing the site?

I'm having difficulty tracing this and would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Thanks,

Mike