[Swift-devel] Re: scheduling

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Mar 31 12:30:33 CDT 2010

> > - the Swift execution wrapper _swiftwrap and/or the post-execution
> > logic and cache management logic in Swift which can influence whether
> > and how long a file stays in the site shared/ cache
>
> Assuming that there is a shared cache. The trend we're seeing with EAGER
> is that there is no shared directory any more, which was used solely as
> a caching mechanism due to the fact that the client did the staging.

That is the situation in other places where people might want to use Swift
too, although not ones that have funding to be developed - one is the
european model of a grid-central resource broker that carries everything
along in a job submission, and the other is a condor pool running on
workstations with no shared filesystem. (both of those have been
prototyped with Swift in the past).