[Swift-devel] scheduling

Vipul Kumar Singh vipulkrsingh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 16:15:09 CDT 2010

We can use Size of data on which job is dependent to determine if it is data
incentive, and instead of having a fixed Size to determine we can make it
adapt based on the situations like.. in case rate of jobs being submitted is
increasing but so is the idle resource pool then the Size limit has to be
raised so that jobs are assigned to new resources and if in case rate of job
submission is going down but idle resource pool is decreasing or remains
constant the Size can be increased... or we can monitor the data transfers
if they are above some threshold Size can be decreased and vice-versa ...