[Swift-devel] coasters and java on queen bee

wilde at mcs.anl.gov wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 29 12:32:32 CDT 2010

With my login, globus-job-run gets gcj (see below). When I login to QueenBee, my default .soft entries give me Sun Java 1.6.

When I use globus-job-run, neither .profile nor .bashrc seems to be run (as I placed PATH= statements in both).

Mihael, is there any other provision to find the right Java for coaster service startup?

- Mike

---

Running from PADS:

login1$ globus-job-run grid-qb.loni-lsu.teragrid.org:2120/jobmanager-fork /bin/sh -c 'echo $PATH'
/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
login1$

login1$ globus-job-run grid-qb.loni-lsu.teragrid.org:2120/jobmanager-fork /bin/sh -c "type java"
java is /usr/bin/java
login1$

login1$ globus-job-run grid-qb.loni-lsu.teragrid.org:2120/jobmanager-fork /bin/sh -c "java -version"
java version "1.4.2"
gcj (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-8)

---