[Swift-devel] Re: Swift configuration interface

David Kelly dk0966 at cs.ship.edu
Mon Jun 21 11:41:28 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Mihael Hategan <hategan at mcs.anl.gov>wrote:

Given that the end product is pretty much in XML format, wouldn't it
> make more sense to store the information in XML and extract parts of
> that?

That is basically how the original program I wrote works, by storing all the
sites data in an XML template file and changing attributes as needed into
working config files. Some of the feedback I received from that suggested it
might be better to store in a database. Do you prefer the previous style and
syntax? I'm feel like I'm kind of struggling to find a way to make things
simpler (and useful) without a GUI.

David