[Swift-devel] Re: Swift configuration interface

David Kelly dk0966 at cs.ship.edu
Wed Jun 16 18:22:42 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Michael Wilde <wilde at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

*One* example of this might be to maintain for each user a small SQLite
> database of config information, along with perhaps a global one (part of the
> release, or fetched via the web), from which purpose-built sites and tc
> files were generated.
>
> Then users could say things like:
>
>  swift cf add PADS Fusion
>  swift cf apps blast dock convert
>  swift cf set throttle 200
>  swift run myscript.swift

Both routes (web and cmd line) have merits, but perhaps this again lets us
> defer the web a bit, and also helps us better model the underlying model
> behind both.

I like this idea and can see how it will make things simpler. I will shift
my focus from the user interfaces to a database driven swiftconfig. I'll
send out an updated swiftconfig for testing as soon as possible.

Thanks,
David