[Swift-devel] TC File Generator 2.0

Arjun Comar mandaya at rose-hulman.edu
Tue Jun 15 12:38:39 CDT 2010

Hey all,
I got a little annoyed with the fact that applications were hard coded into
the tc-generator I sent out last week, so I changed it up real fast to read
applications from a plaintext file.

Usage:
/path/to/tc-generator.py <sites.xml file> <apps.txt file>

sites.xml looks as usual, apps.txt should just be a list of applications
like so:

app_name  /path/to/app

Don't use any spaces in the app_name or in the path, and everything is cool.
For reference, here's the apps.txt I'm working with right now:
echo    /bin/echo
cat     /bin/cat
ls      /bin/ls
grep    /bin/grep
sort    /bin/sort
paste   /bin/paste

Mihael: If you explain how to work the tc specification into the sites.xml
file (I assume it involves mucking with swift itself?), I can update this
tool for that.

David: Let me know how you want to go about merging this into swiftconfig.
Perhaps swiftconfig should just call this? Let me know what you think.

Let me know if anyone has any problems with this.

Arjun Comar, Rose-Hulman '12