[Swift-devel] Problem with iterate

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 19 11:50:37 CST 2010

I think we are on the same page, that if you cannot resolve the
dependencies, things just fall apart. The part I don't get, is why would
you get a deadlock in this situation (which is where this whole
discussion started from), as opposed to an error detecting that the DAG
cannot be constructed? It seems that at the time of DAG construction (I
assume this is the SwiftScript compilation stage), any failure to add
nodes to the DAG due to unresolved dependencies should return an error
and halt, rather than execute until the deadlock happens.

Ioan Raicu, Ph.D.
NSF/CRA Computing Innovation Fellow
Center for Ultra-scale Computing and Information Security (CUCIS)
Northwestern University
2145 Sheridan Rd, Tech M384
Evanston, IL 60208-3118
Cel:   1-847-722-0876