[Swift-devel] Understanding the Swift Codebase

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 20 11:14:00 CST 2010

Hi Ketan
 	I think the best thing to do is check out the code using
command-line tools and open things up in Eclipse.  Project files for
Eclipse are in the repos to make things a bit easier.  Let us know how
that goes and if there are ...
 	As far as understanding the code, I would look at the tests
directories and work your way through those.  The entry points to the
language level functionality are in classes named Loader.  Using Eclipse
to step through the first few operations is a great way to start.
 	I actually started a wiki page about Swift/Eclipse/SVN back in the
Spring but kind of ran out of ideas on what to add to it- feel free to
contribute:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/wiki/bin/view/SWFT/EclipseNotes

 	Justin

--