[Swift-devel] GPL licensing question

David Kelly dk0966 at cs.ship.edu
Fri Aug 20 11:35:51 CDT 2010

Hello,

My swiftconfig and swiftrun utilities use a module called XML::Simple. It is
not included in most standard perl distributions. I would like to include it
so users do not have to manually install modules. Perl modules are licensed
by the same terms as perl itself - which is the GNU General Public License
version 1 (or later at your discretion), or the "artistic license" (
http://dev.perl.org/licenses/artistic.html). My understanding is that all
Globus projects are required to be under an Apache license.

I would like to add swiftconfig, swiftrun and associated libraries to the
main swift distribution. Can I safely do this without running into any
licensing conflicts?

Thanks,
David

<http://dev.perl.org/licenses/gpl1.html>