[Swift-devel] Error messages and execution retries

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 18 15:42:43 CDT 2010

We should probably test to make sure that this is the case. For example, if 10 jobs are launched in parallel, and one fails, then even with lazy.errors=false, the 9 running jobs will still finish, right? Its just that no new ones will start. So will the error (stderr?) from the failing job be sent to the log or the swift stdout/err right away, or will it still wait for the full swift termination, which still may get circumvented by a ^C ???

I'm rather suspicious that its the latter (undesirable) case, although I may be wrong.

- Mike