[Swift-devel] Re: Coaster error

Jonathan Monette jon.monette at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:37:13 CDT 2010

Ok then.  Then do you have any ideas on why no more jobs are submitted
through coasters after this error?  Here is my sites entry for pads

<pool handle="pads">
<execution jobmanager="local:pbs" provider="coaster"
url="login.pads.ci.uchicago.edu" />
<filesystem provider="local" />
<profile key="maxtime" namespace="globus">3600</profile>
<profile key="internalhostname" namespace="globus">192.5.86.6</profile>
<profile key="workersPerNode" namespace="globus">1</profile>
<profile key="slots" namespace="globus">10</profile>
<profile key="nodeGranularity" namespace="globus">1</profile>
<profile key="maxNodes" namespace="globus">1</profile>
<profile key="queue" namespace="globus">fast</profile>
<profile key="jobThrottle" namespace="karajan">1</profile>
<profile key="initialScore" namespace="karajan">10000</profile>
<workdirectory>/gpfs/pads/swift/jonmon/Swift/work/pads</workdirectory>
</pool>

I have slots set to 10.  Does this mean this is the maximum number of
jobs that will be submitted and this number should be increased?

--
Jon

Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination.
- Albert Einstein