[Swift-devel] decaying number of coaster jobs leaves some tasks unfinished

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 9 17:43:36 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 17:37 -0500, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 18:19 -0400, Glen Hocky wrote:
> > Here's the full log (I think).
> >
> > What's Mike's describing is basically my gut feeling as well...
>
> Right. The log should tell us.

The log, towards the end, says that the block scheduler sees no jobs.
Which means that either it failed to notify swift when a block failed
bringing the jobs down with it, or it otherwise failed to notify swift
that the job failed.

I should probably run a few things on PADS and try to iron out these
things.

In the mean time, is this the normal behavior that you see or do you
also have successful runs?

Mihael