[Swift-devel] more on job throughput

wilde at mcs.anl.gov wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 4 13:32:32 CDT 2010

Is this test run telling us:

- overall, 8192 jobs in 25 seconds: 328 jobs / sec

- about 5 seconds for anything to start, so:
  8192 jobs / 20 seconds: 409 jobs / sec

- drop off site select time (can bypass for single-site case?) and
  stage in (can bypass w/CDM?) and we are at the number you mentioned
  in an earlier thread: 8192 jobs / 10 seconds = 819 jobs / sec ?

Seems a major question is what is practical with a real providers, eg coasters on BG/P?  And can the 15 seconds of "overhead" (out of 25 sec) in this run be eliminated or reduced?

- Mike