[Swift-devel] Fwd: [Dsl-seminar] Go

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 4 12:37:44 CDT 2010

List of languages with co-routines:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coroutine#Programming_languages_supporting_coroutines

Languages supporting continuations (which are more powerful than
coroutines, and probably what you are looking for):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation#Programming_language_support

I call your attention to Scala, for it's java library support (and being
a JVM language in general).

And here's a paper on how continuations are implemented in Scala, which
also contains a few examples of how to use continuations for concurrency
and scalable I/O:
http://lamp.epfl.ch/~rompf/continuations-icfp09.pdf

Mihael