[Swift-devel] [Fwd: re: IO overheads of swift wrapper scripts on BlueGene/P (fwd)]

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Oct 19 00:49:31 CDT 2009

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> Right. We're already using that.

ok - I was comparing version numbers in Allan's initial mail which
suggested not.

> mv, on the same fs, would just make an
> entry in the new directory pointing to the same data instead of
> duplicating the data. Though I suppose this depends on the FS.

I guess any posixy file system would work ok. Makes me wonder how ln (and
hard-links in general) behave(s) on an MS-DOS filesystem mounted under
linux, thoug. (not that I'm suggesting that's a sensible place to run
stuff)