[Swift-devel] block allocation

Zhao Zhang zhaozhang at uchicago.edu
Thu May 28 17:11:25 CDT 2009

Hi, Mihael

Here comes another question about the definition of "block
allocation".From my understanding, "block allocation" is that we grab
bunch of
resources, then run workflowS on it without request the resource again.
Say, we request 1K compute nodes from a cluster, then we run a dock6
workflow on it, after that we run a blast workflow on the same allocation.
Is my understanding correct?

In the current coaster design, coaster seems deallocate the resources
after A workflow is done. So, next time when I tried to run another
workflow,
I have to run it on a new allocation instead of the one we have already
had in hand. Or is there any options we could set in coaster and could have
both the approaches? Thanks.

best
zhao