[Swift-devel] Swift-issues (PBS+NFS Cluster)

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed May 13 11:58:50 CDT 2009

OK.

Specifically for that problem, then, something that makes the S3 storage
available at the swift submit side would avoid transferring data across
the $-boundary and would avoid having to mess too much with the data
management architecture.

That could be either a cog provider to pull files from s3 (the existing
dcache provider might serve as an example - it seems conceptually quite
similar); or a posix mount of s3 on the submit node (in which case the
local filesystem cog provider would work).

This would not transfer data from s3 directly to the worker nodes, but
that is not the problem being addressed here.