[Swift-devel] Re: What is best OSG site test suite ?

Mats Rynge rynge at renci.org
Fri May 8 15:48:58 CDT 2009

Michael Wilde wrote:

> Many of you have developed, or use, various test suites to probe the
> sites of an OSG VO to see if basic authentication, job execution, and
> data transfer work for a given user (cert).

Other people have replied with the individual user test suites. But
personally, I believe that users should not have to do the testing. That
should be done at the VO level. Engagement VO runs tests and advertises
the result. For swift, the easiest way to get the information is to use:

swift-osg-ress-site-catalog --engage-verified

Compare this with:

swift-osg-ress-site-catalog --vo=engage

The first only returns sites which passed verification last night. The
latter returns all sites advertising support for Engagement.

I recommend that Engagement users only use the first version, and that
the site catalog is updated at least daily.

--
Mats Rynge
Renaissance Computing Institute <http://www.renci.org>