[Swift-devel] Re: What is best OSG site test suite ?

Jing Tie tiejing at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:34:17 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Michael Wilde <wilde at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> Jing, Ben, thanks very much for the tips.
>
> Jing, was site_verify.pr the older test suite was done by Jens as part of
> VDS?

I think site_verify scanner is a part of OSG MIS, and the author is
Craig Prescott.

VORS (http://scan.grid.iu.edu/) runs the script in MIS VO and shows
the testing results. But VORS has problems since if a site doesn't
support MIS VO, the site cannot be seen on the VORS. So GOC is
replacing VORS with RSV.

> Also, how would you compare test_osg_ce with osg-vo-test?

osg-vo-test contains one more thing than test_osg_ce: resource
selection info such as free slot and cpu type. But it selects sites
from dynamic VORS which has the problem described above, while
test_osg_ce selects from a static sites list.

RSV starts recently, so I am not familiar with it. But I think RSV
contains the best list of sites in a chosen VO.

Best,
Jing