[Swift-devel] Rough Swift Test Plan

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon May 4 01:59:58 CDT 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Zhao Zhang wrote:

> Subject:  Rough Swift Test Plan

Please do not call this the test plan for Swift - that suggests that you
are testing all of Swift. This is the test plan for some specific parts of
Swift, that you list in '2. Features'.

> 2. Features
>    We care about two features right now. swift-over-condorG and
> swift-over-coaster-over-condorG.

For credential based testing, I also care about plain gram2 execution; and
plain gt4 execution.

The local condor and PBS providers need ongoing testing too.

> 3. Automation
>    Mike mentioned a automatic test tool for many platforms called NMI
> Test&Build. Ben, can we use the same system to do the tests on real grid
> sites?

The main thing that has stopped me running tests there is getting a
credential there. So the tests that run on NMI are basically the tests
that do not require a credential.

If you figure out how credentials should work, then it is a small change
to the NMI build configuration to make all of the site tests run.

This is the main (only?) thing that has stopped credential-based testing
on NMI.

You cannot test the local PBS and condor providers on NMI because you need
to run on a machine with PBS and/or condor installed locally.

> 4. Sanity Check
>    Before we start swift workflow test on, is there a way that we could test
> if GT2 or GT4 are working there?

You can run globus commands and check if they succeed. But those will need
separate configuration as they cannot read from sites.xml, so that might
not be worth the effort.