[Swift-devel] whitespace

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Mar 30 11:06:55 CDT 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> We seem to have different formatting for source code. Let's agree on a
> single one so that we don't have to tweak each other's whitespace and
> that our commits are cleaner.

I've tended to use whatever the source file in question has already, so
that it remains locally consistent. There is no established convention at
all (either in indentation characters or line endings) in the codebase,
dating presumably from lack of any consensus when the original prototype
was made.

In the absence of wholesale reformatting of the codebase, that's the
convention I'd prefer.