[Swift-devel] Re: Provenance use case

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Mar 27 16:33:28 CDT 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> so instead of echo monkey foo, this profile entry should go on the tc.data
> entry, and do something like:
>
> getAppVersion.sh appName appPath

It doesn't have any access to tc.data - it runs remotely.

It probably has access the internal variables of the remote wrapper (but
those shouldn't be relied on in general)

> Next we need to work on collection and summarization of the info from
> wrapper.sh.  Are you doing any of that in your current provenance work?

there has been code in the past to do pull stuff from wrapper logs - not a
huge amount at the moment but it should be straightforward to add if there
is useful information being collected.