[Swift-devel] problems with external dependencies

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Mar 23 12:41:17 CDT 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> I dont think what you have below works. Perhaps it was fooled by a prior
> existing datadir?  When I change your path back to my local datadir, I get a
> failure in ls, because it runs before datadir exists.

It works on my laptop repeatably with present head, removing ls.out and
datadir/ in between runs.

Send me a run log and also a copy of the SwiftScript source code you are
running.

> I think the problem is that generate returns as soon as the foreach
> launches its echo apps, but before they run.

It shouldn't. If you have Swift >=r2734, you should see log lines with the
token STARTCOMPOUND and ENDCOMPOUND in them giving the timings.