[Swift-devel] testing

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 18 12:05:40 CDT 2009

On 3/18/09 10:11 AM, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 07:27 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
>
>>>  iii) running anything through gram2 is bad - any base job submissions
>>>   need to be through condor-g using its hybrid gram2+gridmanager system.
>> I agree, and was assuming that on OSG we would only use the new Condor
>> provider, and run jobs in this manner.
>
> There seems to be some confusion here.
>
> Ben, the point is to run with one of the scheduler providers, not gram2.
>
> Mike, the condor provider is not a condor-through-gram provider. It only
> submits to the local condor queue.

I was thinking/hoping that the condor provider would have a setting that
submitted swift apps as condor-g jobs to N grid sites, *via* the local
condor queue.

Isn't that how condor-g works? I send my local condor (via condor_sumit)
a .sub file that says e.g.:

   universe=grid
   grid_resource=gt2 osg-edu.cs.wisc.edu/jobmanager-condor

If I cant do that yet through the condor provider, was it your intent
that users eventually be able to do that, or was that not what you were
implementing?