[Swift-devel] how to write a data provider

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 9 15:00:25 CDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 14:12 -0500, Allan Espinosa wrote:
> HI Zhao,
>
> I am also not familiar on how to write one but I'm sort of starting to
> have an idea.
>
> http://wiki.cogkit.org/wiki/Java_CoG_Kit_Abstraction_Guide

Yes, that's useful reading material.

> Looking at the SSH provider, my guess is that these are the entry
> points from Swift (or CoG in general) to the provider:
>
> *TaskHandler.java
> *TaskImpl.java

For code examples, take a look at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.file.local.FileResourceImpl.java in
provider-local.

I'd start by making a copy of provider-local, updating
project.properties and resources/cog-provider.properties, and then
hacking at FileResourceImpl.java.