[Swift-devel] provenance challenge 3 participation

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Mar 2 08:33:14 CST 2009

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Ian Foster wrote:

> Are we in a position whereby most Swift runs are recorded in the
> database?

Lots of Swift runs are going into my log repository, though I don't really
know what proportion of every run in the whole universe.

"The database" doesn't exist - there is a database implementation in SVN
which you can deploy and import data to. However, its still at the stage
where ongoing development changes the database schema often(*) which
usually requires a reimport of all the logs; or modifies the data that
Swift is producing so that old logs no longer provide all the needed data.

Hopefully it will converge on something fairly stable.

(*) not much in recent months but thats because the provenance project has
been dead.