[Swift-devel] Re: swift testing of gram5 on teraport

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 19 11:08:02 CDT 2009

Is what we're looking to see here the ability to run Swift with a full
or wide throttle to Gram5, directly, without Condor-G, and the ability
to have (a) lots of jobs in the queue and (b) many more jobs running at
once, while watching the gatekeepr host for CPU stress and memory pressure?

Where say (a) is a few thousand jobs and (b) is the full cluster busy?
I wonder if we can get a full-system reservation on TeraPort to test this?

We're also testing Swift via Condor-G at the moment on UNL's new cluster
"Firefly" which has 6000 cores of which 3000 are accessible to OSG. As
its a new and lightly loaded cluster, perhaps Brian Bockelman would be
willing to test GRAM5 on it? (its a PBS cluster)

So, now that I think about, as long as there's a GRAM5 gatekeeper we can
use, since it should Just Work, Im sure we can give it some informal
usage as soon as its available.

Stu, do you have plans for testing beyon Teraport on larger clusters?

I wonder, maybe we could test it in AWS at large scales too on a Nimbus
workspace?

- Mike