[Swift-devel] Two problems regarding coaster

Zhao Zhang zhaozhang at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 15 16:48:01 CDT 2009

Hi, Mihael

I encountered two problems on coasters.
1. The log file coasters.log is increasing too fast. For a two hour run,
the log file could be 5GB.
    And swift would fail if there is no space for coaster to produce logs.

2.On ranger there are two file systems that I am using now. One is
$HOME, the other is $WORK,
   each with quota 6GB and 350 GB.
   By default coasters.log is produced at $HOME/.globus/coaster, I set
up a symbol link there, it actually
   points to a place in $WORK.

   This fixes the problem I saw on Sunday, but there comes a new one. I
am not sure why swift failed,
   could you help find out either it is because the job reaches the
maxwalltime, or something else. My
   sites.xml is at the end of the email.

   The worker logs, gram logs, swift  logs and standard output are on CI
network, /home/zzhang/ranger-logs/2009-06-15
   The coasters.log is too big, if you need it, I would try to tailor
it. Let me know.

best
zhao