[Swift-devel] Application engagements

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 10 09:46:24 CDT 2009

Here's an update on 7 application engagements we have going at the
moment. This doesnt include the ongoing CNARI work Sarah is supporting.

The exact things to do next for each varies based on where each user is
and how well they are making progress:

1. scip - Chris Henry
    Zhao turned over prototype script to them and did initial tests;
    Chris needs to provide run definitions;
    we need to give him a Swift starter release and a tailored README
    to get him started.  He (pr we) need to create a TG startup account.
2. oops - Glen and Aashish
    They are making progress on their own
3. dock - Andrew Binkowski
    Andrew is running DOCK on Falkon on his own;
    can try to convert to Swift; for now, bigger Falkon runs
    are needed for INCITE app
4. oops - Mike Kubal
    Mike wants to run OOPS for other studies; needs startup help;
    waiting on data and on a new oops version
5. ptmap - Yue Chen
    Yue is focusing elsewhere; will get back to running at some point
6. see - Joshua Elliot and Todd Munson, ampl runs
    This just became "ready to swift";
    need to do initial scripts and runs
7. PIR BLAST - Baris Suszek
    Allan doing this as a demo for them;

Based on this, Zhao, Allan, I think the next step is to write the Swift
script for SEE, #6; help Chris, #1; prepare to help MikeK, #4. I will
send more details.