[Swift-devel] Coasters and std's on ranger

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 13 22:05:51 CDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 21:54 -0500, skenny at uchicago.edu wrote:
[...]
> gram log shows this:
>
> 7/13 21:37:58 JM: sending callback of status 4 (failure code
> 155) to https://128.135.125.211:50003/1247538475621.
> 7/13 21:37:58 JMI: testing job manager scripts for type fork
> exist and permissions are ok.
>
> this is the same error i was getting on ranger running without
> coasters prior to commenting out the redirection of stdout and
> stderr (which corrected the error for provider-gt2).

I am afraid then that this is an incurable problem with the current SGE
job manager.

I think there are two ways of dealing with this:
1. Report the problem to the folks who developed the SGE job manager and
hope it will get fixed and deployed on ranger
2. Write a local SGE provider [/me ducks while Ian throws various
objects in my general direction]