[Swift-devel] Re: Coasters failing on Teraport - cant find Java?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Jan 27 15:16:39 CST 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Allan Espinosa wrote:

> For the sites.xml, I think you need to specify the filesystem provider
> which sets up the environment for the coaster (based on what I
> understood from the documentation).  Below is my sites.xml:

Don't specify <filesystem> and <gridftp> - they are different ways of
expressing the same configuration.

On teraport, you shoudl be fine using the <gridftp> line that you showed:

>     <gridftp
> url="gsiftp://tp-grid1.ci.uchicago.edu/disks/tp-gpfs/scratch/aespinosa"
> storage="/opt/osg/data/aespinosa" major="2" minor="2" patch="4">
>     </gridftp>

Specifying <gridftp> and <filesystem> at the same time is an error, and
you get a chocolate bar if you file a bugzilla report that Swift does not
correctly detect this (seriously).