[Swift-devel] swift changing walltime of prews-gram jobs

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Jan 27 15:13:37 CST 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> This combination seems to still get the walltime from the Globus profile
> options, but it seems to be putting the time estimate in the seconds portion
> of the PBS request instead of the minutes, so my jobs are dying on wall-time
> exceed (from pbs) (4 jobs, needing 30-60 seconds each).

You should not be seeing the walltime from tc.data level jobs being passed
through to coaster worker jobs. Coaster worker jobs should be getting a
different maxwalltime, as documented in previous emails, being some
multiple plus a constant of a normal job's maxwalltime.

Based on previous emails from Allan, I'm suspicious about provider-pbs
passing through things correctly (its been a bugridden piece of shit when
I've tried to use it).

I'll get round to looking at that in the next few days, most likely.

Until then, the least mysterious path is probably to stick with
gt2:gt2:pbs as your coaster jobmanager of choice.