[Swift-devel] Re: work directory bug fixed

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Jan 23 12:32:43 CST 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Zhengxiong Hou wrote:

>   Yes, it seems that there are still some problem  on this site. But I don't
> think it is due to the "work directory". I also checked it.
>   But the status just stay as "Submitted", after many repeated "Progress:
> Submitted:1", it exits automatically or seems infinite repeat.

What does 'it exits automatically' mean? That you get an error message?

When I submit using the command-line client like this:

$ globus-job-run red.unl.edu/jobmanager-condor /bin/hostname

I find that red.unl.edu does not run the job, for as long as I am prepared
to wait. So I think you should verify that job submission to red.unl.edu
is working properly outside of Swift.

(eg with this command:

$ globus-job-run red.unl.edu/jobmanager-condor /bin/hostname

)

If you are running with multiple sites, then this situation should be
handled well by the replication facility in Swift.